Agent Login Form

HSBC North America

HSBC Bank USA, N.A. has nearly 400 branches in New York State, a network of branches in Florida and California and one branch each in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Washington State, Oregon and Washington, D.C. It is the principal subsidiary of HSBC USA Inc., an indirectly held, wholly owned subsidiary of HSBC North America Holdings Inc.

HSBC Bank USA, N.A. has about 3 million customers and can provide access to global markets and services. The Bank provides a full range of commercial banking products and services to individuals, corporations, institutions and governments, through its personal financial services, private banking, commercial banking and corporate investment banking and markets segments. The Bank is also an international dealer in derivative instruments and has mortgage banking and brokerage operations.

The HSBC Group, headquartered in London, is one of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world. HSBC’s international network comprises about 9,800 offices in 77 countries and territories in Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, the Americas, the Middle East and Africa. HSBC was ranked as the world’s 5th largest company in Forbes Global 2000 (April 2005).

The Personal Financial Services segment provides installment and revolving term loans, deposits, branch services, mutual funds, investments and insurance. Residential mortgage lending provides loan financing through direct retail and wholesale origination channels.

Private Banking caters to high-net-worth individuals and families including with deposits, tailored credit and banking, investment management, trust and estate administration, custody and retirement services. Private Bank professionals also leverage HSBC’s global resources such as wealth and tax advisory, philanthropy, and family office advisory, structured products, real estate and middle market lending.

HSBC acquired 51% of The Bank’s predecessor bank, Marine Midland Bank in 1980 and the remaining 49% in 1987. Marine Midland was renamed HSBC Bank USA in 1999. Marine Midland was founded in Buffalo, New York in 1850 to finance the shipping trade along the Great Lakes.

The Banker, one of the world’s leading financial journals, ranked HSBC Bank USA as the number 7 bank among US banks in 2005 up from 16 in 2004. The ranking was based on pre-tax profit figures for common stock, non-cumulative preference stock, share premium reserve, disclosed reserves including retaining earnings, minority interests and funds for general banking risk.

With $ 339,632 million in assets HSBC Bank USA was ranked 7 in asset size. For Soundness (capital/asset ratio) HSBC Bank USA ranked 189 in 2005 and 188 in 2004. HSBC Bank USA pre-tax profits were reported as $4,262 million. It ranked 158 for performance based on return on assets.

Mortgage Refinance is not necessarily affiliated with the mortgage lender featured on this page. Lender information is for informational or comparison purposes only. Home Equity Info makes no representation, express or implied, that you will receive a quote from any particular lender, and makes no guarantee as to the lender affiliation of any broker or agent who may contact you.

This site is not a broker and does not collect or solicit mortgage applications. Content is for informational or comparison purposes only. Services are not available in New York. Products and services may not be available in all other states.

REQUEST A FREE MORTGAGE QUOTE TODAY